Job Code :3206
Division :GIL Amer US
Location :Fort Worth TX US 76155
% of Travel Required :None
Job Type :Full Time
Career Level :Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education :High School or equivalent
Category :Transportation and Warehousing
Job Description :
The Warehouse Supervisor completes the daily operational activities of packing, shipping, receiving and distribution. He/she ensures all is accomplished accurately and in a timely manner while providing support to the rest of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Checks goods received against purchase orders or invoices.
- Stores materials and maintains accurate location records in Oracle.
- Collaborates with buyer/planners & accounts payable to resolve purchase order issues.
- Pulls material to support manufacturing requirements.
- Replenishes manufacturing and sales order Kan Bans.
- Packs orders, label materials clearly & use special tags as required for hazardous materials
- Processes orders, enter data & print labels & tag boxes
- Completes appropriate shipping documentation
- Weights & labels RPS/UPS, Airborne & FedEx orders and position for pick up by carriers
- Shrink-wraps entire pallets for shipments and loads containers into trailers.
- Interfaces with other team members to share ideas for process improvement
- Follow SOP
- Maintains a clean & orderly workspace
- Monitors the condition of equipment used & notifies Logistics management of operations or maintenance needs
- Adheres to Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) & Federal Drug Administration/Good Manufacturing Practices (FDA/GMP) regulations
- Adheres to quality assurance policies & procedures
- Monitors quality of assigned tasks and corrects deficiencies
- Attends all required training classes
- Provide input for safety and productivity improvements to supervisors
- Performs other duties as assigned
Job Requirements :
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 1+ years of related experience and/or training preferred
- Must have a practicing knowledge of one or more warehouse functions including shipping, receiving, work order kitting or Kan Ban replenishment.
- Must be able to demonstrate good troubleshooting skills in primary area of responsibility
- Must be able to apply appropriate quality & continuous improvement tools.
- Must be able to work in a nontraditional, participative work environment.
- Able to be certified to drive a forklift and do as required.
- Must be able to climb a ladder to pull parts and must be able to work in elevated areas.
- Available to work assigned shifts, including weekends and overtime as required.
- Able to lift/carry up to 50 lbs and team-lift heavier items.
- Have the verbal and written communication skills to facilitate required problem-solving communications with internal depts. & teams, and external customers & suppliers.
- Basic knowledge of cycle counting processes and logic.
- Demonstrates Customer focus based on solicited customer satisfaction.
- Able to achieve improved inventory transaction accuracy as reflected in cycle count results.
- Able to work as a member of a team.
- Meets production requirements & quality standards specified by Logistics management.
- Adheres to Company safety regulations & all requirements of Job Safety Analysis (JSA) and notifies Logistics management of any safety problems or hazards.
- Conforms to, supports, and enforces all Company policies & procedures.
- Participates in any / all reasonable work activities as deemed suitable and assigned by management.
* Qualified applicants (internal and external) must currently possess legal authorization to work in the United States